Saturday, February 11, 2012

Georgia is Getting Adopted!

A few years ago, the National Geographic channel produced a show about Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah, called "DogTown." I loved that show and especially loved the specials that they did on several of the Vick dogs who were in residence at BFAS.

One of these dogs, Georgia, had an especially haunting, horrific experience in her life (I won't regale you with it) and was one story I could never forgot about. One of my dreams is to get out to Utah at some point and volunteer for a week or so at Best Friends and one of the dogs I always wanted to meet was sweet Miss Georgia. She had suffered terrible abuse at the hands of humans, but still, somehow, had found the ability to love and trust her trainers again. A gut-wrenching story with a satisfying end - Georgia, now CGC certified (can you believe?!) would spend the rest of her days at the Sanctuary safely surrounded by people who loved and cared for her in a way she had never known.

Well, at least I thought that would be her story. It turns out, Georgia is getting a forever family and home (!!). She is traveling to Georgia to meet her new person and live out her live as the queen of her domicile and G and I could not be happier for her!




2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! That's awesome! I watched dogtown on Netflix & I love it to! I remember Georgia and her story. I'm so glad she has her forever home! For all the people who tell me pit bulls are vicious I refer them to these dogs! All animals need love & especially them!

    ReplyDelete