Thursday, August 2, 2012

Long Time, No Blog!

I feel like I've been apologizing quite a bit recently for our lack of blog postings. I can give you the list of excuses: it's summer, it's busy at work, it's soooooo hot. But these things didn't stop me last year, so I don't really have a leg to stand on now, do I? :)

So what have we been up to?

Well, last weekend, we headed upstate to visit my grandma (known to G as "Great Gammie") and had an awesome time. Since we have sold my grandma's house there, we had to stay at a motel, but were lucky enough to find a Red Roof Inn that accepted pups. It wasn't the most luxurious place in the world, but it took dogs, had wireless internet and we could watch the Olympics - all was good:


We also enjoyed some time spent on a beautiful day in the cemetery hunting for long lost relatives. Believe it or not, it was a great experience and we even found a headstone no one had seen in 60 years:


We were able to enjoy upstate staples such as Doug's Fish Fry and the Skaneateles Historic Boat Show as well:


Although a brief trip, G was seriously exhausted upon our return. Here's my little princess passed out, twitching on Sunday afternoon after our return - I always know when G starts dreaming like this, it was probably a very good, very busy trip!


2 comments:

  1. LOL Zoe dreams like that too! It seems that everyone has been busy as of late... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We dream like that too. At least your Mom didn't use the flashy and wake you up. Yeah!! for pet friendly hotels.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete